During the holidays, Go4theGoal “adopts” families of kids battling cancer. Social workers submit wish lists for these families, and Go4theGoal works with partner companies to purchas gifts for all family members.
- Sponsor a family through your company
- Organize and wrap gifts for families.
- Make gift baskets with items like cocoa, specialty candy, and snacks
Children and families battling pediatric cancers spend a great deal of time in the hospital. Go4theGoal’s programs make time spent at the hospital a little less stressful and even create some positive memories. Help give patients and families something to look forward to:
- Host a holiday party (Valentines Day, 4th of July, Halloween, Christmas, etc…)
- Provide holiday-themed snacks and treats
- Set up a craft table and help the kids create something fun to take home or to decorate their hospital rooms.
- Assemble “goodie bags” for patients and families.
- Volunteer with local hospitals to help out during holiday events, like Thanksgiving Day Feasts for families.
Pantry and Toiletry Drives
Parents and families are so focused on caring for their child, they often don’t have time to care for themselves. Give them a helping hand!
- Collect non-perishable foods that can be given to families at the hospital to take home for easy meals after a long day of treatment or traveling back and forth to the hospital.
- Collect basic toiletry items like Deodorant, Shampoo/Conditioner, Toothbrushes and Toothpaste, Wet-Wipes, etc…
- All brands and sizes appreciated
- Travel sets are ideal for last minute hospital stays and full size products are perfect for families that don’t have the time or energy to run to the store on their way home.
Create your own special Go4theGoal event and help us raise awareness and support local kids with cancer! If you have any questions, contact us!